Easily Identify the Mammals You Find in the Mountain States!
Enjoy learning to identify mammals of the Rocky Mountain region with this pocket-size field guide from author Ron Russo. With this handy, easy-to-use book, you’ll be able to identify a wide variety of mammals in no time. And its small size makes it just right for fitting into your pocket or pack when you go for a hike.
- Helps readers identify the wild mammals of the Rockies and Great Basin (Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico)
- Includes a sighting key to identify animals that are seen
- Provides keys to prints, droppings, skulls and jaws, and other signs animals leave behind, to aid in identification of often-elusive animals that are not seen
- Gives information about the biology of each species
- Includes copious amounts of illustrations with drawings of tracks, skulls, scat, and animals, as well as range maps