Get outdoors with this guide to 60 of the best hiking trails within an hour or so from Cleveland, Ohio, leading you to scenic beauty.
The best way to experience Cleveland is by hiking it! Get outdoors with local author and hiking expert Diane Stresing. This full-color guide helps you locate and access the top hikes within 60 miles of CLE. The selected trails transport you to scenic overlooks, wildlife hot spots, and historical settings that renew your spirit and recharge your body.
Immerse yourself in history at Fork Hill Earthworks, featuring American Indian ceremonial grounds and the remains of a prehistoric “monster.” Combine your hike with a lighthouse tour at Fairport Harbor Lakefront Park. Enjoy the scenic hiking paths at Orchard Hills Park, a former golf course converted to a recreational park. Go birding at Bath Nature Preserve. With Diane as your guide, you’ll learn about the area and experience nature through 60 of The Land’s best hikes!
Inside you’ll find:
- A perfect blend of popular routes and hidden gems—all near home
- Expert tips about where to hike and what to expect when you get there
- Key at-a-glance information on distance, difficulty, scenery, traffic, hiking time, and more, so you can quickly and easily learn about each trail
- Detailed directions, GPS-based trail maps, and elevation profiles
- The author’s recommended hikes by category
Whether you’re a local looking for new places to explore or a visitor to the area, 60 Hikes Within 60 Miles: Cleveland provides plenty of options for a couple hours or a full day of adventure, all within an hour or so from the city.