From Downtown through the suburbs to the mountains in the west and the marshlands in the east, the Washington metro area has something to offer anyone looking for a good hike.
Part of the most comprehensive hiking series in print, the full color 3rd edition of 60 Hikes Within 60 Miles: Washington, D.C. is a complete revision by local travel writers Rachel Cooper and Renee Sklarew. The new issue features a wider collection of trails specifically designed for day trips. With options that range from easy to challenging, families and serious hikers will find both inspiration and detailed information to guide their exploration of the many trails within roughly an hour’s drive of the metro area.
Get the most up-to-date hiking information in the new edition, including:
- 23 new hikes, including metro and wheelchair accessible trails
- Revised routes with many loop trails
- Updated maps and new photos now in full color
- Detailed directions and information about hours, facilities, and restrictions
- Descriptions of flora and fauna hikers are likely to see
- Options for additional activities and points of interest nearby
Readers looking for new places to explore will discover a bounty of sites, some well-known and beloved, while others remain hidden gems ripe for exploration.