Get the tabbed guide to plants, animals, and seashells of the Pacific Coast.
Beaches are the borders between two vastly different ecosystems. As such, they are teeming with a variety of fascinating life. Whether you’re a tourist on vacation or a local resident on a day trip, keep this tabbed booklet close at hand. Written by expert naturalist Stephanie Panlasigui, it features nearly 100 of the most common and important animals and plants to know—from birds and fish to crabs, sharks, and more! Plus, the booklet includes other beachcombing finds—like seashells and sea glass—as well as a quick guide to tidepools.
The handy booklet is applicable to the coastlines of California, Oregon, and Washington. It is organized by group for quick and easy identification, and it offers the at-a-glance information that you want to know. The pocket-size format is much easier to use than laminated foldouts, and the tear-resistant pages help to make the spiraled guide durable in the field. As an added bonus, it includes tips and suggestions for helping coastal life thrive in this essential habitat.
- Pocket-size format—easier than laminated foldouts
- Professional photos of each species
- Entries organized by group to ensure that you quickly find what you’re looking for
- Easy-to-use information for even casual observers
- Tips for helping coastal life in their beach environments