Take a month-by-month approach to stargazing with this fun and informative beginner’s guide to constellations.
Stargazing is a perfect hobby. It can be done any time of year from anywhere, and it’s easy to share with friends and family of all ages. For decades, Mike Lynch has been building telescopes, teaching classes on astronomy, and guiding tours of the stars. Let the beloved WCCO Radio meteorologist help you begin stargazing with the new edition of Stars: A Month-by-Month Tour of the Constellations. Written in Mike’s casual, friendly tone, the guide provides a monthly look at the night sky—complete with sky charts and detailed descriptions of what you can expect to see. Plus, you’ll learn all about two or three specific constellations each month.
Inside you’ll find:
- Highlights of 27 constellations that you’ll see throughout the year
- Tips for locating objects in the night sky
- The stories and myths behind the constellations
- Monthly star maps showing galaxies, nebulae, and more
- BONUS: Mike’s supplemental audio files that allow you to listen while you look
Grab your lawn chair, a pair of binoculars, and head outside. With his friendly tips, warm anecdotes, and step-by-step instructions, Mike will help you “make the stars your old friends.”