Get the comprehensive guide that helps you learn about and explore Minnesota’s Itasca State Park.
It’s easy to see why Itasca State Park is Minnesota’s most popular park. Most famously known for the Mississippi River Headwaters, Itasca State Park offers 50 miles of hiking trails, 16 miles of bike routes, 28 miles of skiing trails, 32 miles of snowmobiling trails, 100 lakes, and dozens of beautiful historic buildings to explore—all within 32,836 acres of pine and hardwood forests that are up to 300 years old! With so much to see and do, it’s hard to know where to begin. Expert author Deane Johnson is here to help with The Best of Itasca, your comprehensive guide to this beloved state park.
Whether you’re visiting for a day, staying for a week or simply want a keepsake, you’ll find everything you need in the pages of this book.
- Detailed guide to hiking, biking, camping, lodging, and skiing
- Fascinating stories from Itasca’s colorful past
- Tips on finding the park’s hidden gems throughout the seasons
- Natural history of the land, dating back to prehistory
- Nearby attractions, such as the La Salle Lake State Recreation Area
Improve your life; connect with nature at Itasca State Park.