Get outdoors with this guide to 60 of the best hiking trails within an hour or so from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, leading you to scenic beauty.
The best way to experience Philadelphia is by hiking it! Get outdoors with local author and hiking expert Lori Litchman. This full-color guide helps you locate and access the top hikes within 60 miles of Philly. The selected trails transport you to scenic overlooks, wildlife hot spots, and historical settings that renew your spirit and recharge your body.
See the unique ecosystem at the New Jersey Pine Barrens, with its diverse plant and animal life. Enjoy nature in Wissahickon Valley Park, which is only minutes from the city center and has over 50 miles of trails. Go bird-watching at John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge. Immerse yourself in history at Valley Forge National Historical Park. With Lori as your guide, you’ll learn about the area and experience nature through 60 of Philly’s best hikes!
Inside you’ll find:
- A perfect blend of popular routes and hidden gems—all near home
- Expert tips about where to hike and what to expect when you get there
- Key at-a-glance information on distance, difficulty, scenery, traffic, hiking time, and more, so you can quickly and easily learn about each trail
- Detailed directions, GPS-based trail maps, and elevation profiles
- The author’s recommended hikes by category
So whether you’re a local looking for new places to explore or a visitor to the area, 60 Hikes Within 60 Miles: Philadelphia provides plenty of options for a couple hours or a full day of adventure, all within an hour or so from the city.