Discover 50 of the state’s best campgrounds for car campers, with the guide that offers essential details and easy-to-read maps.
The Centennial State provides a spectacular backdrop for some of the most scenic campgrounds in the country. But do you know which campgrounds offer the most privacy or the best lakeside views? Monica Parpal Stockbridge traversed the entire state—from the historic Mesa Verde National Park to the bird watcher’s paradise at Pawnee National Grassland—and compiled the most up-to-date research to steer you to the perfect spot!
With Best Tent Camping: Colorado, you’ll always know what to expect. The new full-color edition of this proven guidebook provides everything you need to know. Inside you’ll find:
- 50 campgrounds in national parks, state parks, and other breathtaking locales, organized into five distinct regions
- Selections based on location, topography, nearby activities, and overall appeal
- Detailed maps of each campground and key information such as fees, restrictions, dates of operation, and facilities
- Driving directions and GPS coordinates
- Ratings for beauty, privacy, spaciousness, noise level, security, and cleanliness
Whether you seek a quiet campground near a fish-filled stream or a family campground with all the amenities, grab Best Tent Camping: Colorado. It’s a keeper for all who wish to find those special locales that offer a true connection with nature.