Get this condensed version of the guidebook John Muir Trail, featuring only the data sections—perfect for the pack-weight-conscious hiker or backpacker.
Mileages, campsites, and resupply data, this light-weight and efficient data book strips away the author’s trail descriptions and natural history information and presents the essential data for the 220-mile John Muir Trail (JMT), from Yosemite Valley to Mount Whitney and onward to Whitney Portal. Whether you’re hiking the entire JMT or just sections of it, your first step begins with this guide by Sierra Nevada expert Elizabeth “Lizzy” Wenk.
The cut-to-the-chase handbook splits the trail into 13 sections. Each section offers easy-to-read maps and tables of data, giving you the details you need to design your own trip in advance or as you explore the JMT.
Inside you’ll find:
- Trail junction locations and distances between junctions (for southbound and northbound routes)
- Comprehensive table of campsites
- Elevation profiles for each section
- Maps of Yosemite Valley, Tuolumne Meadows, and Lone Pine
- 17 topographic maps plus panoramic photographs
- Pre-trip planning information about food resupplies, transportation, and permits
This abbreviated version of John Muir Trail: The Essential Guide to Hiking America’s Most Famous Trail is designed to lighten your pack while providing everything you need to know along the way!