Identify marine fish of the Pacific Coast with this pocket-size guide.
Whether you’re snorkeling with your family or on a fishing trip in the Pacific, you’re bound to encounter a variety of marine wildlife. If you’re curious about the fish you see, then Pacific Coast Fish Finder by Ron Russo is just what you need. With the handy, easy-to-use book, you can identify common marine fish, sharks, and rays by sight.
The booklet begins with introductions to fish anatomy and biology, followed by an at-a-glance identification chart to fish species by shape and a guide to shark teeth. A field guide section presents 130 marine fish, organized by families such as sharks, salmon, rockfish, and tunas. Professional illustrations by Pam Frazier and visual descriptions help you to identify each species.
- Simple guide to marine fish identification
- 130 species of common fish, sharks, and rays
- Introductions to fish anatomy, biology, distribution, and more
- Professional illustrations with key markings for identification
- Small (6- by 4-inch) format that fits into a pocket or pack
This guide is applicable to the West Coast states of Alaska, California, Oregon, and Washington, as well as coastal Baja California and Canada.