Identify Arizona mammals with this easy-to-use field guide, organized by family and featuring full-color photographs and helpful information.
Whether you happen upon an animal track or actually see wildlife in nature, interacting with mammals is a thrill. Learn to identify mammals in Arizona. With Stan Tekiela’s famous field guide, mammal identification is simple and informative. The Mammals of Arizona Field Guide features all 144 species found in the state, organized by family and then by size. When you see a mammal, you can determine its family by common visual characteristics and then turn to the corresponding section to find out what it is! Fact-filled information contains the particulars that you want to know, while full-color photographs provide the visual detail needed for accurate identification.
Inside you’ll find:
- All 144 of Arizona’s mammals, from mice to mountain lions
- Facts about size, habitat, range, young, and more
- Times each animal is most likely to be active and signs it might leave behind
- Professional photos, range maps, and track patterns
- Stan’s naturalist notes and fascinating facts
Grab this second edition of the Mammals of Arizona Field Guide for your next outing to help ensure that you positively identify the wildlife you see.