Plan your landscape or garden with more than 100 native plants that benefit birds, bees, and butterflies of the central United States.
The presence of birds, bees, and butterflies suggests a healthy, earth-friendly place. These most welcome guests also bring joy to those who appreciate watching them. Now, you can turn your yard into a perfect habitat that attracts them and, more importantly, helps them thrive. Acclaimed author and expert entomologist Jaret C. Daniels provides the information you need in this must-have guide for Kansas, Kentucky, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, southern Illinois, and southern Indiana. Learn how to landscape and create pollinator gardens with native plants.
The book begins with an in-depth introduction to native pollinators and to birds. It’s followed by a “field guide” section to more than 100 native plants that are widely available to utilize, are easy to care for, and provide great benefit to birds, bees, and butterflies. Each species includes full-color photographs and information about hardiness zones, what they are most likely to attract, soil requirements, light levels, and Jaret’s notes. As an added bonus, you’ll make use of blooming charts, tips on attracting specific species, and more!
Inside you’ll find:
- Overview of native pollinator species in the Lower Midwest
- Field guide to over 100 native plants, organized by level of sunlight needed
- Quick-reference chart to plants, blooming periods, and what animals each plant attracts
- Hardiness zone information, weed control tips, and more
- BONUS: Garden plans that can be customized to suit your specific interests
Plan, plant, and grow your beautiful garden, with native plants that benefit your favorite creatures to watch and enjoy.