Find the Best Hikes and Backpacking Trips in California’s Sierra Nevada
The rush of trekking through nature, the thrill of experiencing new places, the reward of discovering beautiful sights, all of this awaits in the Sierra Nevada. For more than 40 years, this definitive guidebook has led readers along the top trails between the mountain range’s northern boundary and the southern edge of Yosemite National Park. Now, with this revised and updated edition, let hiking experts Elizabeth Wenk and Mike White show you the way.
Sierra North features 86 meticulously selected trips, from new routes to old favorites. Traverse Hoover Wilderness, Ansel Adams Wilderness, Carson-Iceberg Wilderness, Emigrant Wilderness, Desolation Wilderness, and more. The trips are organized around major highways and roads, so it’s easy to choose your next adventure. Just pick an area, drive there, and go hiking.
Inside you’ll find
- 86 trips that range from quick overnighters to 11-day excursions
- Complete trip details, including day-by-day trail descriptions, GPS waypoints, and elevation data
- 36 trailhead maps that show the routes for every trip
- Beginner tips and trusted advice on camping, fishing, and bear safety
- Information on side trips, geology, natural history, and more
Planning your trip into the northern Sierra backcountry is easier than ever before. For additional hiking and backpacking opportunities, see the companion guide Sierra South.
There are no reviews yet.