Discover the best of the PCT for day hikes or weekend jaunts.
The 2,650-mile Pacific Crest Trail is a hiker’s dream. In Washington State, it runs past windswept views, expansive meadows, pristine glaciers, old-growth forests, and more. Let local hiking expert Adrienne Schaefer guide you on 33 day and overnight trips that include her favorite pieces of the PCT, from the Mount Adams Wilderness Area to North Cascades National Park and beyond. Enjoy outstanding wildflowers, great swimming, and delicious huckleberries as you experience parts of this world-class trail on foot.
This handy guide includes
- 33 day or weekend trips in geographical order from south to north across the state
- at-a-glance ratings for scenery, trail condition, difficulty, solitude, and accessibility for children
- trail maps, elevation profiles, and details about what to expect on each trip
- driving directions and GPS waypoints
- permit and fee information